Wednesday, July 22, 2009

License Wishlist Wednesday! Rideback

In honor of the full launch of Ikki Comix, this week is about an Ikki title that ended not too long ago: Rideback by Kasahara Tetsuro

This series takes place in 2020, where college student Rin Ogata comes into possession of a motorcycle-like mecha called a Rideback. Rin, a former ballerina, finds some common ground between dancing and riding the Rideback, and thus is something of a natural. I honestly don't know too much about this series, but I do know that there is some sort of political unrest that plays a large role in the story. So if your thing just so happens to be unusual mechas and political stories, then this for you!

The character designs have a simple, almost cutesy look(I don't wanna say moe, but...), and the art is otherwise nicely detailed and Kasahara provides some really great action shots.

The idea behind the robots is pretty cool and unique for this type of series . I'd really like one of my own.

Check out the mangaka's website here.
There was an anime not too long ago. I never watched it, but I heard it deviated from the manga quite a bit.

Who: Viz
Likelihood: This series isn't old at all, in fact it ended this year. With Viz pushing Ikki and seinen in general, this seems a likely choice for licensing. I'll go ahead and say there's a 90% chance. Maybe Viz will even announce it at Comic-Con this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment